Looking for a delicious well-balanced meal to serve for your dinner? Check out this sesame rice bowl. It’s rich in protein, high in complex carbs, and has plenty of nutrients and fiber from the fresh vegetables added to the mix.
This recipe does call for one tbsp. honey however spread out over so many meals this shouldn’t be an issue for most people. If you are feeling uncertain, you can also replace that with some stevia instead.
Sesame Chicken Rice Bowl
- ½ cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tbsp. sesame oil
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, tahini and soy sauce.
- Place chicken in this sauce and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add the rice, turning down to a simmer and covering, cooking for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and then add garlic.
- Add to this the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the marinade and then add in the broccoli.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and cooked rice and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Top with sesame seeds before serving.